Thursday, December 4, 2008

Martha will you be my friend


I don't know what has come over me but over the last 6 months I've become miss crafty. Its turning in to an obsession. It started out with my christmas sewing projects (which are coming along very SLOWLY), and has turned in to all things home made. Every where I go I'm constantly thinking of how I can make things. Such as holiday decorations at Crate and Barrell. They're so expensive but look relatively easy to make.


My most recent craft you ask? My wreath for my door. Growing up I watched my mom make wreaths every year for our house. I was always so amazed with her, but was too much of a tom boy to ever show interest. She also made her own bows for presents, our garage doors during Christmas, and her wreaths. I am proud to say that I have mastered the art of making bows, and secretely (well not too secretly) love wrapping gifts so much so that I jump at the opportunity to wrap my dad's and my bf's gifts. I'm going off on a tangent now back to the wreaths....


It started when I convinced the bf to buy a tree (not for my house but for his). They were selling wreaths at Menards for $12 and they weren't that great. I picked one up and went in search of a wreath hanger, but got annoyed when I couldn't find one, so I nixed the wreath idea. Well we ended up having to cut off the bottom branches of our tree and I had the brilliant idea that I should use those to make the wreath. Off to Joanns (my new favorite store that I spend way too much time at) to buy a wreath form, and ribbon of course for the bow. The whole thing took about 10 minutes to do. Tada! Here's the finished product and it was all less than $5 to make.

No comments: